The combination of staples and protein are all that you will ever need to create a dish but it is the extra garnishing and spices you add which truly brings out its taste. The advisory council of a college is exactly like these additions, which is not a necessity, but when present, works to enrich the whole experience. They are like treasure troves to the college management, a deep well of knowledge and experience for the teachers and field mentors for the aspiring students. The top polytechnic colleges in Delhi and NCR will always have space for a rich advisory council as they hold the key to the entire institution’s overall success.
Why have an advisory council in college?
Establishing the need for an advisory council will pave the way of proving its importance to a college. Their absence does not degrade the quality of an institution is anyway but their presence surely does elevate the educational level of the establishment. Typically, the group of individual experts brings the following to the table:
- More minds into the decision-making process. The managers and the teachers have experts to fall back on when the going gets tough.
- Niche expertise in their respective fields. The manager may not have any idea about fashion but the decision around it can come in consultation with the advisory council.
- Curriculum design based on industry needs. The panel is composed of working professionals who can provide working insights into the current expectations.
- Line of communication between the teachers and the managers. Both groups will have separate plans and separate agendas and the council can work to fill the clogs.
- Mentorship to students as and when required. They are industry veterans who can guide and help the budding students. Show them the right path in a specific degree.
It is necessary to understand that the advisory council does not have any managerial or teaching functions in an institution. But they do influence the decisions and the learning methods implemented in the college on a day-to-day basis. To reiterate the requirement of the advisory council in a single statement, they work to add value to the entire educational structure of the best polytechnic colleges in Delhi.
Why is an advisory council in college important?
This will elaborate on how their absence is actually a disadvantage to any college. The importance of the advisory council can be summarised and presented in the form of the following list:
- The curriculum of your degree is highly rich. With perspectives pouring in from the top minds in the industry, expect your college to bring in the right mix of knowledge and skills.
- The infrastructure will be unparallel. This, again, is the direct result of continuous consultancy from the advisory panel. Every structure, every facility, will complement the degrees of the college.
- The teachers will be better owing to their chance of self-improvement. A council member can discuss with the respective faculties to tweak or introduce new techniques in the learning process that will help maintain the industry standards.
- The management will be more in touch with education. At times, the top executives tend to shift towards the business side of things as that is their primary role. An advisory council can keep that in check and maintain the college’s focus on academics only.
- Lastly, they work as vital networks to the students and the entire college. They are professionals who are associated with the top names in the market and can refer students to big companies for career opportunities. The entire college benefits in this way.
Imagine not having the above in your college. Think how will your degree shape up if all these are absent. You may still reach where you intend to but the destination will only be average. If your fashion designing degree is made in consultation with a field expert, expect it to include all the necessary aspects of the current market. Or else, all you will have from your college is knowledge with hardly any skills to display.
There are no two ways about this
An advisory council is a must. Its absence is tolerable but not smart. The entire world is moving towards an even more competitive market and students should not have anything but the best. Polytechnic for Women College has been continuously topping the list of private polytechnic colleges in Delhi merely due to their management structure. The institute’s advisory council consists of veteran field professionals from all dimensions who help to set up a rich educational culture in the premises. Students of this college naturally thrive, excel in whatever they do and have a high success rate. So, always select a college with an advisory council on board. You never lose anything here but have a lot to gain.